I will vehemently protect our 2nd Amendment right to own and bear firearms.
- I will sign into law a Constitutional Carry Bill upon presentment.
- I have been around firearms since I was 12 years old.
- I firmly believe that firearms do not kill people; people do! I have yet to see a firearm of any type jump up and pull its own trigger!
- I believe that if firearms were prohibited, people will just find some other weapon to cause harm to one another; therefore, I see no reasonable excuse to ban firearms.
- Case in point: In law school we briefed a case wherein a school principal, frustrated with the community at large, placed several cases of dynamite under the one room school house in Bath, Michigan. When classes convened the next morning, he ignited the dynamite, killing everyone in the school house. It just goes to show you that no matter what, if an individual plans to harm another, they can do it without the use of a firearm; the Boston Marathon Bombers are a prime example.
- I also believe that one of the top ten reasons our country will never be invaded by a foreign power is that there are more firearms per city block then in any other country on this planet.
- What this means is, no one will expend the resources necessary to fight door-to-door because it would be very costly. Even if they used strategic weapons, there would still be enough men, women and children left alive to cause great havoc and carnage on any insurgent army.