I believe students need to be taught the U.S. Constitution BEFORE voting!
- I would pose that high-school students be required to take a full year of Government/Constitutional Law, as well as a Political Science course before being allowed to Register to Vote.
- My motives are simple and I only have two reasons for offering this for your consideration!
- I want to engage young citizens to get involved in politics;
- I want young citizens to learn what the Constitution is, and what it is designed to do for them individually as a citizen of the State of South Dakota and of the United States of America.
- We need to get Young Americans' engaged in the political processes;
- Young people will be required to academically take a Constitutional Law/Political Science & Government course immediately prior graduation; we will hold Mock Primary & General Elections to expose all High School Students to the Political Election Processes!
- All citizens, whether Legalized of Natural Born should know their Constitutional Rights.