I believe we need our state infrastructure rebuilt!
- We have an available man-power source we are not leveraging. We could use our non-violent prison and county jail populations to construct our bridges, roads and habitable structures, necessary to improve our infrastructure and our way of life in general. Violent criminals would not be allowed out due to their being a danger to themselves and others.
- Not only does this solve a man-power problem, but we reeducate incarcerated individuals by teaching them a new trade, instilling in them self-confidence, job skills and tools to stay out of the criminal justice system.
- This can also noticeably reduce the final costs of construction project expenses across the continuum.
- Our plan will accomplish goals, never before attempted, by teaching the fallen souls among us, that there are more alternatives available to them, to become productive members of our society; and not return to a life of crime, that will almost guarantee they will end up back in one our county jails or state prisons!
- Our plan will extend past incarceration, to help parolees to continue in their new found industrial and technical careers, in order to assure their success, and encourage employers to also help in their future successes, by keeping our trainees on as productive employees as free men and women. This program can be highly successful, if we all Work Together for a stronger South Dakota! Our program is not based in Retribution, but rather on Restitution and Reeducation! Once you pay your debt to society, you deserve a chance to get your life back on track.