We Definitely Need TERM LIMITS In DC!
- The Congress and Senate said that we needed the 22nd Amendment in order to limit the number of terms a sitting president could serve. Their reasoning was that our nation needed fresh ideas, new blood, and public service was never intended to be a career opportunity.
- Our administration adamantly believes that we need term limits on Capital Hill for all the same reasons.
- As your next governor, I would advocate for term limits through the process of amending our Federal Constitution. I would be in favor of a Convention of States, if and only if, the amendment is specifically for establishing term limits.
- In other words, one amendment, one issue. We're not going to tack on a lot of pork belly agendas. Just term limits for Congress & Senate.
- I pose that Congress should be 3 terms, and Senate should be 1 term.
- I would also repeal the benefits and life long salary allocations. We also need to reign in the salary amounts, and place caps on how much any particular congressman or senator can obtain. After removal from office, they get nothing!
- I have long supported this amendment and I feel its long over due!